“We are using the combo functionality in DTI Circulation—we integrated a full suite of digital products to maximize revenue, content value, and customer satisfaction.”
U-T San Diego
- Through DTI Circulation, DTI provided ’Combo’ Subscription functionality. That has been the centerpiece to manage all aspects of these bundles. From iServices to Customer Service to all backend processing.
- DTI Circulation manages non-print subscriptions– access / registration, billing, usage – to support the creation of digital bundles and digital-only subscriptions that include our eEdition, apps and metered web / mobile sites.
- DTI Circulation gave us the power to create a much-needed and simple user-registration process, using user name (email) and password to grant access to all products.
- We created a simple user registration process to grant access to all products. We knew we could maximize revenue with content options.
- This combo/bundle innovation has streamlined the registration process, had incremental revenue growth, improved capabilities for collecting emails, and improved up-sell and cross-selling abilities into other print or digital products.
- More benefits: incremental revenue growth, streamlined registration process, improved capabilities for collecting emails, improved ability to up sell and cross sell into other print or digital products.
“We understand the need to meet the expectations of our audience. We need to present content on a variety of platforms-from print to desktop to tablet to mobile phone and leverage our technology investment.”
- Publishing technology.
- With DTI we’ve advanced through collaboration, centering on innovation—we can grasp our potential.
- We needed to meet the expectations of our readership to present our content on a variety of platforms. We used DTI ContentPublisher to do that.
- Created by our Web team, the new site features the modern "adaptive/responsive" design using HTML5 and CSS3. Our website, registerguard.com, adapts automatically to any browser size.
- The site adapts automatically to any browser size.
- We don't have a device-specific (mobile vs. computer) version of our site. It works within any device.
“The biggest benefit we received through DTI ContentPublisher hosted through DTI Cloud is the ability to jump forward technology-wise without a lot of time, effort, and cost. And, our IT staff has one less thing to worry about—allows us to focus on other areas competing for our attention."
The Daily Sentinel
- DTI provided theThe Daily Sentinel the ability to work offsite, which was a much bigger benefit than we realized. A lot of new opportunities for us.
- The benefits of the hardware—no newspaper our size could ever afford the hardware installed in Chandler, Arizona.
- DTI handles all hardware expense and headaches. Huge bonus for us.
- DTI Cloud saved us hundreds of thousands of dollars in expensive server equipment.
- Our content gets where it needs to go, fast, and very efficiently. No problems.
- Unlimited sharing of our media assets and archives saves us time and money.
- DTI ContentPublisher is the ultimate, managing local and remote writers, reporters, and news feeds to all digital channels.
- Having DTI Cloud is like each user having a $250,000 computer to work on.
"We are doing business differently today than yesterday. We needed a unified print and digital system. We are now Web-first and making social media integration a high priority."
Jim Hemig - Corporate Production Director
- Enterprise-wide, Swift Communications has a unified system for print and digital multichannel publishing, with a unique integration of Adobe InDesign and InCopy.
- Having all of their DTI systems within DTI Cloud, the industry's most rigorous SaaS infrastructure,helps them achieve their technology-based business goals through a new cloud-computing business model.
- Immediately saved money
- Achieved faster ROI
- Unified system for print and digital multichannel publishing
- Web-first and able to make social media integration a high priority
- Concentrate on engaging their audience and delivering targeted content the way they want to receive it
- Greater level of fault tolerance
“Now we can push things right up near the end. We’re pushing deadlines all the time –because we want to get the latest news to our customers―and the DTI system gives us that capability.”
- We needed a pagination and publication product that would provide an environment specifically designed to orchestrate the simultaneous efforts of multiple users.
- With our paper’s many special sections and editions, we needed better integration and smoother processes. That's in DTI ContentPublisher.
- After a technological analysis, we discovered DTI offered the very best integration with Adobe’s powerful InDesign in its editorial solution.
- We are satisfied with the ease of the programs, and the power DTI has given us.
- The integration is extremely important to us―having it all in one place makes it a lot easier to do everything.
- The ability to deliver essentially 100 percent of InDesign and InCopy to the user’s desktop, all integrated together with the database―that means we can write, edit, put stories on pages and get them out very, very quickly.
“The successful launch of our daily newspaper-magazine concept required maximum flexibility, complete integrity and unqualified professionalism in all areas, which is why we chose the DTI editorial system.”
- DTI's ContentPublisher. It's powerful- we can publish simultaneously to print and Web.
- We wanted to have an accessible combined print and Web appearance that could release the news immediately and keep up with the paper's growing infrastructure to deliver it.
- We wanted to find a formula that would make us a leader in future markets.
- We needed to attract a younger audience, and needed an efficient way for high quality design.
- Our success depended on collaborating with the most innovative partners in the media industry. DTI.
- Seamless management of all content, regardless of platform.
- We are producing at such high levels now - integration is a key component.
- The successful launch of our new products required maximum flexibility, complete integrity, and professionalism.
- We went from zero to full speed in just a few short weeks.
“The main benefit is increased productivity by allowing designers to very quickly create dynamic layouts from styles and library pieces created by Deseret News designers. We developed Architect.”
- DTI's flexible editorial system. We ultimately decided that DTI's excellent combination of forward-thinking database design, design tools and media flexibility offered us the best chance at achieving our goals.
- With DTI ContentPublisher, we developed Architect. It is a floating Adobe InDesign palette giving our in-house designers a tool to create dynamic, free-form layouts easily. It uses styles and library pieces created by our designers to create layouts, reducing the number of layout libraries needed.
- We don’t have to rely on libraries that aren’t quite right for the job. We have what we need.
- Our designers wanted to design pages more quickly without having to create hundreds of libraries to fit every reoccurring layout theme.
- Increased productivity—allowing designers to very quickly create basic layouts.