Central Oregon newspaper chooses Digital Technology’s cloud platform for its circulation, editorial and advertising operations
SaaS agreement includes solutions for circulation, advertising, and paid content
Enterprise-wide DTI Cloud deployment will be largest in the world
Digital Technology International and Internap Network Services honored for innovative cloud service deployment
Springville, UT—5 March, 2012— Digital Technology International (DTI™) and Internap have been recognized by Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC), a global, integrated media company, with their Cloud Computing Excellence Award.
Cloud Computing Magazine selected DTI Cloud based on its scalable, high-performance private cloud deployment. Digital Technology, together with its network services partner Internap (NASDAQ: INAP), were one of 30 worldwide winners to be selected for innovation and progress in advancement of cloud computing. The award recognizes companies that influence the cloud computing industry most effectively with new, differentiating technologies.
The cloud-based delivery model empowers Digital Technology’s news media customers to quickly and efficiently deliver premium news and advertising content, as well as manage circulation processes and track audience data. By delivering these services via DTI Cloud, Digital Technology is able to consistently improve these revenue-generating solutions to support customers’ new digital business models.
“Our decision to embrace a SaaS business model has given us, and our customers, a significant competitive edge in the rapidly changing news business,” said Steve Nilan, vice president of marketing, Digital Technology. “It’s gratifying to be recognized for our private cloud strategy, and work with Internap, as an award-winning deployment.”
“We are honored to be recognized as a Cloud Computing Excellence Award winner, particularly since it highlights the success of one of our cloud customers—Digital Technology International,” said John Freimuth, vice president of managed hosting and cloud services at Internap. “DTI is an excellent example of the unmatched infrastructure flexibility, customization and performance that our private cloud can deliver to customers—ultimately ensuring a positive experience for end users.”
Digital Technology and Internap’s high-performance private cloud service delivers:
- A scalable cloud solution to accommodate growth requirements
- A secure, dedicated computing environment providing peace of mind that data is safe from hackers
- Physical infrastructure that provides the balance of computing and storage resources so Digital Technology can make new features available faster without the hassle of procuring and managing new hardware
- Infrastructure redundancy that is tailored to the availability and costs required by Digital Technology’s business model
- Built-in capacity management and infrastructure planning
- A route-optimized, global network that ensures customer content and advertising is delivered over the fastest-performing Internet path – backed by a 100% uptime Service Level Agreement (SLA).
The winners of the Cloud Computing Excellence Award were announced in the premiere issue of Cloud Computing Magazine.